Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't logon to disconnected sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fismxa

MIS
Jan 14, 2004
US
Users intermittanly cannot reconnect to their disconnected sessions (usually due to them timing out from inactivity). When a user restarts the app by clicking on the icon in web interface, instead of restarting the disconnected session, a new session starts on another server. This causes somes files, such as PSTs, to be locked since the file is in use by the disconnected session. The work-around is to manually log off the disconnected session in the CMC or for the user to wait until the disconnected session logs off in 30 minutes (although some users state that it is hours until they can use the file, indicating that the file is hung on the file server in which their profile resides). I use XPe FR3 on Win2k SP4 (reverting to SP2 or 3 not an option...). User's clients vary (6.31, 7.0, 7.1). Any ideas?

That's worrying! I need to move to SP3 from SP1 in my next lot of servers and my main argument for going forward is that Citrix is better at reconnecting disconnected sessions.

Have you made any registry key alterations for disconnected sessions?

A simple log out/back in won't work will it? (short term)

Cheers,
Carl.

No, nothing changed in the registry yet; any tweaks you know of would be much appreciated.

Fortunately, it seems to be an exception, rather than the rule. Most people can usually pick up a disconnect; some report it intermittantly. Still get gripes, however.

Try:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix
IcaEnableKeepAlive REG_DWORD 1
IcaKeepAliveInterval REG_DWORD f (15 decimal)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp\Parameters
KeepAliveInterval REG_DWORD 3e8 (1000 in decimal)
KeepAliveTime REG_DWORD ea60 (60000 in decimal)
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions REG_DWORD a (10 in decimal)

Give that a whirl and see if it helps!

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back