Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Login with Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.flanagan

Technical User
Apr 16, 2019
US
I have an IP500v2 that I administer for one of our customers. They have provided me with a VPN log in. The issue Im having is that when I try to access the system with manager I get a logon error and cant get logged in. However, using web manager I have no issues logging in. Additionally, system status shows a TLS fatal error on connection that seems to correspond with my login attempts. Any ideas what's going on?

I have tried a reboot with no success. Are there specific ports that are used by the manager application that could be blocked? Do web manager and SSA use different ports than manager for their connections?

Have you tried playing with "Secure Communications" found in File>Preferences>Security Tab?

If checked and set to low, set to none and uncheck. If not checked, check and set to none or set to low.

You said you get a login error what is the error?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

As far as the port matrix, evidently there is no firewall that would be blocking ports once on the VPN.

I have messed with the secure communications settings with no luck.

Exact error is, "Network error - Failed to communicate with IP Office"

Then you don't have a route to it in their network. You may be able to see it but the IPO can't see you. That is the typical meaning of the error. Try to ping it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I can ping it with no issues. And again, I can access it with web manager and can log in with SSA.

j.flanagan said:
As far as the port matrix, evidently there is no firewall that would be blocking ports once on the VPN.

The VPN itself can (and likely is) blocking that port or possibly just routing it incorrectly.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Can you ping your PC from SSA?

No, but since I'm accessing through a vpn, my PC is one a different subnet. Would should that matter?

Yes it would matter. That is why I think it is a routing issue. If you can't ping from SSA to your PC it is a network issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back