Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Login to Protection Pilot Remote Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectorgod

MIS
Dec 30, 2004
US
I just installed Protection Pilot 1.1 on my server and I installed the Console only version on my PC. When I attempt to login from my PC I get "Unable to create database administrator account. Be sure that you are logged on as a local administrator."

I am a local administrator on my PC, as well as a local administrator on the server. Both Windows user accounts have the same username and password, but they are not the same user account because we do not have a domain. I've also tried doing this as the administrator account. I can login just fine with administrator or my user on the server console, just not on my remote console. Does anyone know of a way to do this without having a domain?

The server is running:
Win2k Server SP4
MSDE
PRP 1.1 Server
VSE 8.0

My PC is running:
Win2k Pro SP4
PRP 1.1 Console
VSE 8.0

If I recall correctly I also had this problem with ePO 3.5, but not with ePO 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back