Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't login to domain! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

invalidfunction

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
US
hello guys. Sorry to cut in here, but I have an issue wondering if anyone could help. One of our site is connected via Frame Relay to the main office where the Win2k DC is. Everything seems to work fine, DNS, WINS etc. This site is on a separate subnet but has the same mask as the DC subnet. I can logon to the domain with Win98 machine and browse the network and can access all the shares on the servers just fine. But when I try to logon to the domain with win2k Pro, the pc will just hang at 'Loading Your Personal Settings...' message window. Now if I disconnect the network cable from the pc, it loads the profile and gets me to the desktop. Then i can go into Network Neighborhood and able to see rest of the PCs but cannot access anyone of them!!
So thats where I am stuck!! What am I doing wrong??
Thanks....

The admin account i am using to logon to the domain is under 2MB. and I only use the account to manage servers.

Well guys, I have good news. I got it to work!! I added the remote office in Active Directory Sites and Services, and just like that the login went through without a glitch.
That't the only thing I did not think of!

One down five more to go!!

thanks to everyone for your inputs! You guys rock!

---r---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back