Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't login to CallPilot Application Builder - AOS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshetka

MIS
Sep 22, 2006
US
We're running into an issue when trying to login to CallPilot Application Builder, error "Could not connect to AOS server". Running build 04.04.04.02. We have several machines working just fine, but two display above message and will not connect.

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but think it may have some clues....the logfile C:\Nortel\CallPilot\AppBuilder\uprog\NMABDLauncherLog.txt has some errors:

> 09/22/06 13:19:42 Starting Application Builder login...
> 09/22/06 13:19:42 NMAppBuilderLogin
> 09/22/06 13:19:52 Creating LDAP Bean object
> 09/22/06 13:19:52 Created LDAP Bean object
> 09/22/06 13:19:52 CServerConnection::Login
> 09/22/06 13:19:52 CServerConnection::GetLDAPSuffix
> 09/22/06 13:19:52 Module: CAOS::GetLdapSuffix Code: Cannnot create AOS broker object on CallPilot server , Text:Cannnot create AOS broker object on CallPilot server

> 09/22/06 13:19:52 CAOS::GetLdapSuffix - config wiz client failed to connect to server

Any ideas on this? Like I said, we have several other computers that can get in with the same username/password, but two computers always fail. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

If you had a previous release of App Builder running on those computers, and you "upgraded" the release, you may want to try uninstalling and then doing a fresh install of appbuilder. I have found that simply upgrading the current release sometimes has problems.

You may want to check and be sure you have a good ELAN connection.

Good Luck,
LACityTech

I have the exact same problem. Bell Canada is looking at it. There are 2 things that may be related. 1) I had a CallPilot Manager problem which was solved last week, 2) we had a virus attack (SD boot, I think). My laptop gets the error but my desktop computer works fine.

RESOLVED!

Fix was this (provided by Nortel):

Start/Run/dcomcnfg
double click on Component Services
Right click on My Computer, then click on Properties
Click on Default Properties
Check the box Enable Distributed COM on this computer
Click on Default Protocols
Make sure you have two protocols, Connection-oriented TCP/IP, and
Connection-oriented SPX
Click Apply and exit.
No need to reboot.