Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Login Domain doesnt exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboy7foru

Technical User
Dec 3, 2013
US
Hello I am having a huge problem I just took a job when the previous tech left and took all the passwords with him and deleted the network he had built in the office.

The issue is there is:

user: admin.system
pass: [unknown]
domain: htsknetwork {doesn't exist anymore}

and the domain doesn't exist. I have tried to connect it to the current network changed the user name nothing works.

Is there a way to get into this computer? There is not an option to select local domain or to even type one.

If i can get past this domain issue I can reset the password easily.

Can anyone help me out and give me an idea on what to do?

Thanks
Aaron

the previous tech left and took all the passwords with him and deleted the network he had built in the office.
First, time to sue the guy for damage and to retrieve password info.
Second, what does "deleted the network" mean. Do you mean the domain?

I have tried to connect it to the current network
Are there two networks? Two domains? So confusing.

I don't think we should give you advice about getting into a PC, but you can find that info elsewhere if you JUST need access to one PC which I'm assuming is NOT a server because you didn't mention it. You really should re-write your post with more details and more structure.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Sorry for the confusion

The guy deleted the original domain and the way the computer is set up it requires that domain.

Since the guy has left a new domain was created.

They have been looking for this guy but he cannot be found unfortunately so they cant get the password or anything.

This is actually a server running server 2003 R2

I can get into the computer i just need to find a way to bypass the requirement of a domain at the login screen.

I can get into the computer i just need to find a way to bypass the requirement of a domain at the login screen.
If you CAN get into the computer, then are you just trying to clean things so that you don't have to log into the old domain? In other words break the old domain and put the PC back in workgroup mode so that you an join the new domain?

I meant I cant get into the computer IF i can bypass the domain issue at the login screen.

I know how to change it if i was logged into the computer.

I can't login cause of the domain.

At this point the only thing i can figure is reinstalling the software but I don't wanna lose all the contents in the computer (software documents and so on)

Any Ideas?

Look up the topic on the interwebz, there are plenty of references. We don't tell you how to bypass passwords, breach security or hack on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back