Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant login as agent 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathersue

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
US
Hi Everyone,

Help!! I know this may sound real dumb, but here goes:

I am trying to convert a basic ACD call center to EAS and I am having a hard time with Agent logins. I'm at my desk trying to dial the Feature Access Code (454) plus the agent login ID to login to this phone(agent ID 6100) and when I dial the 6100 I get intercept turkey tones. I can dial the '6' but soon as I press the 1, I get the tones. I tried NON-DID agent ID and a DID agent Id all w/ same results. I know I'm probably missing something real obvious, someone put me out of my misery and tell me what it is?

Thanks!! :)

Do you have EAS enabled in system-parameters features?

if you do a list trace on the extension when you try to login you should get a descriptive error

Hi,

Possibles :

* The station you are attempting to login to has no headset
/ headset button not pressed and the login / station form is set to Auto Answer ACD calls.

* Is the Dial Plan set-up to allow 61** as an extension range.

* Check the Feature Code

Regards,

Steve.

Sounds like you are actually logging into a non eas hunt group requiring the FAC followed by the 2 digit hunt group number. It gives you reorder after enter an invalid hunt group number 61. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to "transition" to eas other than delete all ACD hunt groups, activate eas, then rebuild all ACD hunt groups.

-CL

Hi,

thank for the replies!! You are both right. The EAS feature was not turned on in Syst Features. When I tried to turn it on I got a message stating MIS had to be busied out first - what's MIS?

Also, I have no headset on this phone, didnt realize that was a requirement. It wasnt int he documentation. I have one though I will plug in and try out after I get features fixed.

Thanks!!!

MIS is the data feed from the processor to CMS and/or BCMS. busyout mis stops data reporting, and allows you to change call center feature options. release mis turns data reporting back on. You will lose all data for the call center during the period when mis is busied out.

Bernie

Hi,

I have always thought as the MIS being the Management Information i,e (CMS etc.)

If you do not use Auto-Answer you do not need a headset.

The Definity does it's best to be Clever and says well if the Agent ID / Station is set to auto answer acd calls, how can it auto answer a call if the station does not have a headset.

Steve.

Hi,

If I have to change the option in sys feat to EAS Y, then what about all of the other ACD hunt groups I have now that are not EAS? Will they still function the same?

My goal was to set up this EAS helpdesk adn leave the current helpdesk (non-EAS ACED) as is and then cut it over after I test it out and train them.... any thoughts on how I can do this without changing the current huntgroups?

My agents are not set to auto answer/dont need headsets.

Thanks!!!! Heather

When using EAS, all ACD hunt groups are required to use EAS. It's all or nothing.

-CL

Hi,

Ohh wow that stinks. So there's no way for me to test the new helpdesk without changing the old one to skills... So this would be a true hot cut. Ick. Okay well now I know, thank you for letting me know!

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back