Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't login after converting dynamic disk to basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FROGGYJ

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
CA
I converted a dynamic disk back to basic using dskprobe and now when I login to the machine it immediately logs me off before I even see the desktop.

I tested this on another machine and I was able to convert dynamic back to basic with no problems, so not sure why this one is troublesome. any ideas?

FROGGYJ
A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

I think the two situations are unrelated.

It sounds more like a corrupted Profile. If you log in with another profile does it do the same thing?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

hrm no go. I even tried loging into the recovery console, copying userinit.exe over and then checking the registry entry and all is fine, but still can't get logged in. I thought it may have been from the search assistant malware causing this login issue, but that's not the case I guess. any other ideas?

FROGGYJ
A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

These might have a solution:

Login Problem
thread779-854796

Login/Logoff.... Login/Logoff...
thread779-882213

auto log off problem
thread779-836716

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back