Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't loggin to Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

codo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2001
ID
I just installed a new win2000 server and I set my server as DHCP and already set DNS server. But i always got problem for my client to login to the server, it always says that can't find the domain or the Domain had not been started yet. I also got this message on event viewer for each client that login to server.
----------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5513
Date: 10/20/2003
Time: 12:09:05 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NS
Description:
The computer GRACE tried to connect to the server \\NS using the trust relationship established by the WTCSU domain. However, the computer lost the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured. Reestablish the trust relationship.
-------------

What is wrong with my DNS setting?

Your DNS settings are probably correct, though it sounds like you have lost the trust relationship somewhere. Try removing and re-adding the trust relationship - this is done by removing the client from the domain into a workgroup, and than re-adding it to the domain (done through network identification in the properties of my computer.).

Let us know how you go.

Craig.

Thanks Guy's you were right, It happened coz i reinstall my server without reconfigure my clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back