Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't log into system through phone. Telnet programming works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemr2

Vendor
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have a BCM 400 that I can't login to either element manager or call pilot manager. I can login to telset programming fine. Voicemail works, and all lights on the chassis are solid green. When trying to connect to element manager I get an error, can't download cartridge. I've never seen this. Usually of the hard drive fails, voicemail goes down and I chassis lights stay blinking. Before replacing the drive, I want to see if anyone else has suggestions. Thanks

Check your java, it may have upgraded and be to high now for that 400

I'll give that a try. Any idea what version I should go back to?

You should mention release of BCM and version of Element Manger when posting.

Also ake sure your using latest EM:

You also download it from the IP address of the BCM via web browser.

Curious how you are trying to connect to Callpilot?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The only time I've ever had that issue was when logging in through the customer's network instead of the OA&M port.

I have had this before..

Try installing element manger from the bcm directly.
And also on to another PC and see if that works..

Otherwise get the cartridge from another source and save it on you element manger file

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be able to try tomorrow.

question for the forum, can anyone change the subject line of this thread? It doesn’t really match the problem.

Hi, I had a customer with similar issue albeit over VPN, locally it was fine. firebird's suggestion looks good, just bear in mind not all the cartridges are neceesarily on the Avaya web site, so post the exact name and I/we can check if I have it. Regards Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back