Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Log in after migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasminracer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2003
GB
Hi i used the migration tool to go from 5 - 6.5 it all seemed to go swimmingly untill after the very last stage. i'd logged into the new server after it had assumed the identity of the old box and checked out a few files. all seemed fine, so i finalized it and tried to log back in.

I now get a nmas error 1660 and cant log back in.
is this as i forgot to delete the nw5 licences and replace them with nw65 beforei finalized things or is it somthing else?

looking at the logs the only error i can see is

nwmkde with a serial no sync error ?

if it is licences how do i change them as its now in imanager which of course i cant get to !!! rather than in nwconfig ?

cheers Graham

nwadmin still works for lics
the mig is normally ok though
is all the ds ok

also assume you have try marv's suggestion

How do i turn off nmas authentication.

if i go into nmas on the advanced tab all i can do is select
nds or <default> as the sequence rather than turn it off. selecting either nds or default gives an error (different) when i try and log in.

if i select the sequence button i get a no sequences for this client error ( but then again the source box does that as well !)

Well I've managed to get around it in the end, I disabled nmas on the server by moving the nmas.nlm from the gui and rebooting. That let me log in fine. I've updated the licences vi nwadmin (i've not yet tired putting nmas.nlm back but i dint think i need it )

SInce then i've migrated and upgraded gw5 in the internet agent, and now im fighting with arcserve !!!! arghh

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back