Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't load apps in Application Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusx2

MIS
Jun 6, 2002
US
Currently running CallPilot server 1.07.09. I can't seem to open any applications in Application Builder. When I click on File/Open, I see the list of applications, but can't open it. What can I do to get access to these applications?

make sure your ip address is reachable..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I can ping the CP server from the machine that I'm trying to open the Application Builder from.

may need to reload app builder, it could be a port blockage due to the last worm we all had a week or so back. i had some problems from the far side of my network. you can ping, but the required port may be blocked. if the network people haven't made any changes, relaod app builder

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Not sure on how to reload Application Builder. I have a CD that has CallPilot Admin Client. Is this the CD that I use?

Yes, reload your CallPilot Admin Client. (On Release 2.0 and later, the client interface is a browser except for the App Builder.)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the CallPilot Admin Client (with reboots after each process) and I still can't load any apps. I also can't create any application. Both give me the same error message.

try a crossover cable between the two pc's.. if you haven't used a "short" network, it's simple.. on the pc use the servers clan settings as is. just make the pc match. use the default gateway setting of the server as the ip on the pc, and the and the ip of the server as the default gateway of the pc.. that makes a point to point, use either a crossover cable or a quick hub.. by doing that, you've removed all possible network problems.. you may just need a reboot of the cp server, i save that as a last resort. it might not hurt to disable the clan nic and enable it..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What is the error messsage you are receiving?

Also, what release of the Admin Client are you using and what is the operating system you are trying to run the client on. You may have a compatability issue with the client and the OS.

sounds like it was working and just died, the post seems t imply that. he can see the apps, just not open. that is why i've thought it was a net problem as opposed to os.. could be i don't know the history of his site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Currently running CallPilot Administrator Client ver. 1.07 (Build 01.07.09.05)

I figured out a work around on what I needed to do. Basically, we were faced with having to change our standard automated greeting with an emergency greeting due to hurricane Katrina.

Even though I wasn't able to load any apps in App Builder, I was able to go into Service Directory Numbers and change the Application that was being loaded for my company's primary number to another app that sends all calls to a mailbox.

Thanks everyone for their help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back