Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't inventory my robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketchose

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
CA
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble running the inventory on my robot. I am using NetBackup 6.0.

here is what I did; I opened the front of the tape library and took out the 2 trays and removed the cartriges from it. Then I waited it ran its own inventory, got back to NetBackup, ran the inventory. I could tell from there that there were still some cartriges in some other slots. so using robtest.exe I move the cartriges to the front slot and again removed them. I filled up the two front trays and now I can no longer run inventories. I get the following error message :

Inventory failed : cannot connect to robotic software daemon (42)

I can still access the robot using robtest. it's just that I can not move cartriges without know which slots are available...

any ideas ?

thanks in advance.

Never mind previous message, I found my problem.

After reviewing my config, I lost total communication with the robot and drive through robtest so I figured I had a hardware issue. I deleted the devices from NetBackup and rebooted both the server and the library. Reinstalled the drive in NetBackup (windows would still see it properly in device manager) and everything is fine ever since.

yeah, robtest is the best way to know that you can talk to your robot. if you don't get a "mode sense complete", chances are it is not set up correctly or it is a hardware problem

FYI, if you leave robtest or tlXtest running, you will have the same problems. Don't forget to exit out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back