Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Install Sidekick99 to new computer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rom323

Technical User
Sep 21, 2003
GB
I have used Sidekick for a number of years but when I put the Installation CD into a new computer and click on "Install" I get the following message :

"The installation has detected that a previous installation or un-installation requires you to re-start your computer".
(Re-starting has no effect)

This is despite the fact that it has never been installed or partly installed on this particular machine.
Can anyone help as I need to get moving on the new machine?
Thanks

Dear Rom323,
see
faq807-2246

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question. I have followed the tip and I am now sorted and much appreciate your help.

Regards
Rom323

I have Sidekick 98 on a p4 windows me computer at home and want to put it on a new XPpro machine at work.The cd has been lost in an office move. I have tried Norton Cleansweep backup and then restored at office but it doesnt load the programme a small box says "C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick98\DATA\cityinf.dat next box says
C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick98\program\sidekick.exe
abnormal program termination
Has anyone any ideas or where I can get a download from please
PMichaelWhitaker

Dear Paul,
See the Faq area of this forum and
specifically:
faq807-3761

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back