Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Install Office 2000 on Win XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

notizme

Technical User
Apr 18, 2003
BE
I fully installed Office 2000 Pro. But I when I start Outlook I get this message: "The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall." Other programs won't even start, they just do nothing at all. I deleted and installed Office again. The 2nd time I recovered Office and the 3rd time I reinstalled it. But it still doesn't work. What can be a solution.

How much available room on the hard drive?

How long has the system been in use?

When was the last time the hard drive was defragged?

When was the last time you removed the unused programs and files?

I have a disk of 20 GB there is still 15 GB available

The system is in use since 2 year, my disk has been formatted in NTFS yesterday for the installation of Win XP.

I haven't defraged my disk yet because it's formatted yesterday.

yesterday all my programs have been removed due the formatation of my disk.

So, this is a fresh install, and you are having problems?

Since this is XP, and XP wants to call home, do you have your internet connection available for the program?

I had some issues, they went away when the cable modem was connected. So, if you have a modem in the system, or a network card, XP may insist on outside communication.

I' ve done a hole fresh install of Win and it now works. Sorry for all your work.

Uninstall the current installation and reinstall it. There are no known issues with OS and Office in conjunction with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back