Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't install NetWare 4.2 license

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm trying to install and additional 100 user license onto a nw4.2 server that already has 280 licenses. I go into INSTALL, licenses.. I point to the disk, it finds the license, and says this:

You currently have a license(s) installed on this server
that allows a total of 285 connections. You may optionally
install the additional Server Connection license just found.

Press <Enter> to continue.

Which leads me to believe it recognizes the license correctly. But when I press enter and try to actually add the license, it comes back and says that the license is invalid and has been removed.

Any ideas are appreciated. Note that the 285 licenses that are currently installed are various denominations that are stacked.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Marv,

Have you tried using NWAdmin to install the license? If this was anyone else I would ask if the license was good ;-D

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

Ok, problem solved... I did try it through NWADMIN, but it doesn't recognize the license files.

I found that there was a 5 user eval license installed at the top of the stack. Once I removed that, I was able to add the 100 user without any problem.

Thanks.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back