Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Install MTS Components ("Finish" Button Grayed-Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bconrad27

Programmer
Aug 28, 2001
US
I am trying to create a package on Windows NT4 SP5 the same way I always have, except that this is machine has just been given a fresh installation of NT4 SP5.

When adding a component to a package, I reach the screen to add the DLL and library files and when I click on "Add Files", I can grab the DLLs and library files I need, but the Next/Finish button is grayed out, and the usual "found COM" message did not appear.

I can take these same DLLs and library files and install them to a new package on another server with NT4 SP5 successfully.

This seems to be some kind of administrative, permissions, and/or setup issue, but after several NT4 installs, I can't figure out why I can't successfully add the components. It seems as though I'm missing some kind of windows component, other software, option pack version, or something to be able to add new components.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bconrad27

I think you are losing some file your component needs.Try opening your dll by some tool(delphi,etc.) and to see which type library it imports.

Hope this helps you! zallen@cmmail.com
Long live of freedom!

You can drag and drop the dll in you MMC
If you get the problem with this also, you have some probs
with MTS

-Akshay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back