Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't install FR2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiko

MIS
Apr 17, 2002
DE
Between the installation from FR2 i get the following error message and the installation stops. What can I do to resolvre the problem.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11720
Date: 24.05.2002

Time: 19:58:59
User: N/A
Computer: CCG2K84
Description:
Product: Citrix MetaFrame XP for Windows, Feature Release 2 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CTX_NFUSE_ConfigureAdminTool.1B7EF31F_FAB4_4A52_9C2C_760880C0AAF0 script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object Line 305, Column 1,

I think I found your problem. I was having the same issue. I had downloaded the update from the website and pulled it into a directory on my server. I then used winzip to explode it which created another directory called FR2CD_MFXP10. I moved that directory to the root of the drive and the problem went away. I hope this resolves the problem for you too.

We have the same problem. Tried all of above. We added new server to farm and could upgrade that no problem. Existing servers all failed with 1720 errors. Also installed SP3 for Win 2000. Still problem.

The problem I had was NFuse. I had to upgrade it to 1.61 (obtainable from and then I could remove it from add/remove programs. The install proceeded OK and I can install NFuse afresh.

I would like to point out, that I have exactely the same problems with a german version of Windows 2000 / Metaframe XP, which is still in use for a while. I tried all the hints in this discussion, but unfortunately nothing helped.

In German Version, you have to change to German(German). No other languages are allowed. After installing Service Pack you can change the Language back to the initial one. Hope it helps.

Stephan
stephan.pfister@conapro.net

Dunno if anyone can make use of it, but i've been everywhere mentioned above, done all that and it was in vain.
I finally got rid of Error 1720 when i uninstalled NFuse Webserver extensions AND Citrix Web Console.
Then FR2.msi ran smoothly (from HD).
Seemed like the installed WebConsole has been the real problem, tricking FR2-Setup into thinking there was something to do about Web-Stuff... ?

cheers
Olaf

Try installing it without NFUSE - this worked for me.

Hi all,
after a long search I've found a way to install FR2 without 1720 error. I've had the same problems like the other's here. I've all done writing down here, but NO FUNCTION.

Here is the way I've found to install FR2.

disable and stop all IIS services.
disable and stop the IMA service.

Install FR2 directly from MSI file.
In this case you will become a error massage, that the datastore cannot be found, but it's ok, because IMA is not running.

Now the installation will be run without errors.

After systemreboot enable all disabled services.

Good Luck,

Gerry (CCEA)

I've read this from top to bottom repeatedly and haven't seen a clear solution. I have an identical match to the COM+ 4097 error. I am using the FR2 remap utility prior to install then error with the 1720. Help?

I think the problem is that there are two clear solutions that have worked for some - one involving the web components in one form or another, and the other pertaining to where the install media is extracted to.

You can monitor the install by running the msi installer manually and creating a log file; If you're using the downloaded zip file, extract it to the root of a drive, or share mapped as a drive.

Now run the following command;
msiexec [FullPathToMSI\mfxp001.msi] /L*v mfxplog.txt

If it's not successful, the last couple of log entries could help pinpoint what's going wrong.

Hope we can get to the bottom of this - I still haven't seen it happen.

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

This is ridiculous!!! This problem has existed for over a year and still no solution by Citrix!!

I have a a clean Win2k server, IIS, TS, SP3 and all critical updates. I'm trying to install XPs from their most recently published FR3/SP3 CD pack and receive error 1720 with related COM errors in even viewer.

I've tried all recommendations short of rebuilding the box and reinstalling to previous SP levels.

I'm not comfortable having to basterdize my install of Win2k to get this to work. God only knows what future instabilities that will cause.

Nothing is working.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

WHERE IS CITRIX ON THIS ISSUE?

This is ridiculous!

Please help!

Ok, I've tried everything I could find to fix this problem (reinstall IIS, install/remove Nfuse 1.6, updating DCOM, COM+ components, etc).. What fixed the issue for me was to assign the C: drive as a virtual drive prior to the install (I had already remapped C: to M:).. You can do this by typing the following at a Dos prompt:

subst C: M:\

Then you should be good to go ahead and run the install.

Now, I was performing this on a clean install.. So, what I think the root cause of the problem for us was that we upgraded the Windows Installer PRIOR to remapping the drive letters. On another test box, we remapped the drives, then upgraded the Windows Installer to 2.0 and did not have the issue occur.. Hope this helps!

It has to do with the IIS Metabase; after running subst c:M:\ it installed well. After remapping your drive letters with driveremap, driveremap can not make changes to the Metabase. Reinstalling IIS will help also i think....

Good luck

Hello Guys,

I have nothing to do with cytrix and i do not use any of thier solutions, I have however had the same error 7120 with other MSI install files and found that re-installing Windows Script 5.6 fixed all my problems, I hope this may be of assistance. Here is the url:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back