Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't install ATI video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctechnician

Technical User
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a ABIT KX7-333, with and ATI Radeon 9000. I tried to install the video drivers, but i got an error message saying Setup failed to launch installation engine class not registered.

Can someone enlighten me on whats going on?

Is this on all ATI drivers or just the originals?
Download the latest unified Catalyst Drivers from ATI's website and try again. Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Are you running the setup from within a network? If yes then copy the setup dir to your local drive and run it again. There are many setups that won't run when started from a network drive.

another issue is that a lot of video card drivers want their installs from a completely cleaned of old drivers boot. if you can boot into safe mode do so, and remove all the old drivers from your system. including the hardware profiles area. also go into ADD/REMOVE programs and un-install any ATI related programs. then set your system's video to plain VGA and then reboot. Once you have rebooted you should be able to install the new video drivers.

Please let us know the outcome of your issue's as it helps us to expand our knowledge.

I recently had the same problem....

I had to download and install all updated Motherboard Chipset drivers, Update my flash BIOS, then, and only then, install all the new drivers for my video card. Not the same card, but that is what I had to do..... I obtained the chipset, bios and video updates from my PC manufacturer, then updates from my video card manufacturer. Hopefully you will be able to do the same instead of going to the maker of the motherboard, the maker of the BIOS, and the maker of the video card.

Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back