Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't indial a CDP and have it dial of site again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneE

Programmer
Feb 22, 2007
AU
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help with an issue I have with CDP's. It is a problem I have had on an Option 11C, and the same on a Release 5.5 system.

Site A has a PRI that all indials come in on, and some numbers are sent across a 2meg tie. Site B has a PRI as well, but is only there for backup. Indial calls that need to get to site B come in on site A and go across the tie, and that works fine. Site A can also dial site B internally no problems.

The customer would like to have indials for site B sent back out on the public network and over to site B's indial in case the tie line is down.This works fine if you dial site B internally ( the call takes the public network, as per the set up in the RLB and digit manipulation ), however if you indial a CDP it doesn't second choice back outside and over the public netwrok. You only recieve busy tone.

When I look at D Channel messages the message says "SWD Eqip Congestion", and the call is never even set up.

I think it has something to do with NCOS, however I unbarred everything I can find.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If all calls are set to come in to the circuit at site A, then by extension, non are set to come in the circuit at site B, ie no DID numbers at site B. If you try to send out calls on the public network from site a, where are the calls going to go? They are not going to go to site B as the numbers are all set to come in site A.
A better scenario might be to have all numbers that belong to site A come in the circuit at site A and all numbers that belong at site B to go in the circuit at site be. Then at the telco end have them set up emergency reroutes, so if the circuit to A goes down, all calls are delivered to circuit B and vice-versa. Then calls for the opposite site would travel across your tie trunk as needed. You should then be able to set up your RLI's to route over the telco network if the primary tie circuit is down between the sites or they are full. Just use the DMI to add the specific digits to the call.

Thanks for your thoughts, but this is not the core issue. I can't even get a CDP to dial out to any number. Site B could be taken out of the equasion.
When an indial call comes in to a CDP and it can't go across a tie route, I can't get the PABX to send the call external again. Instead I get busy tone. The RLI's are set correct because if I dial it internally and the tie is down I can get it to second choice to say my mobile. However if I indial to that same CDP it won't dial out again. As mentioned I get busy tone.

I have tromboning allowed, and staff call forward external to their mobiles no worries with calls coming in and going out on the same route.

Hope that explains the problem better.

It sounds like a restriction problem. The incoming PRI trunks will have to have an NCOS and TGAR that will allow them to make an outgoing call. I would verify this is the case on the incoming trunk TN.

What is the TARG value on the telco circuit? If you are not restricting something else, try removing the value and test.

Try using TSC 'Trunk Steering Code' rather the DSC

Cheers!!

Both systems that I have tested this on, have nothing to do with each other, and both systems have the same issue. I have tried a TSC and it did the same thing.

Another thing that makes it interesting, is that if I indial to an Extn I am able to transfer to the same DSC and have it dial off site fine. I have done much testing on this.

That sounds to me like the restriction level of the phones are fine, however something is stopping the trunks from setting up the call. The confusing bit is the customer forwards their phones off site all the time and this works fine for indial calls, but when an indial is sent to a DSC ( CDP ) I don't even get a set up message for the outbound call on the D Channel. Only the error listed above "SWED Eqip Congestion".

I can even call in on a DISA and dial the DSC and have the call go out again.

Everythink I can find is set to NCOS 0, which I have set to allow everything.

Doing my head in!!!!!!!!

No incoming digit conversion.

Another area You may want to Check is that your DMI CTYP is CDP ?

Cheers!!

Post your RDB and a trunk for the PRI at Site A and for the TIE between the two sites. Also your RLI for the CDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back