Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't highlight text in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasah20

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
Try changing that mainContent to a class instead of using the id to reference the style (change the # in CSS to a . as well)

If that doesn't work you'll need to be a little more specific about what your trying to highlight, it wasn't obvious to me (might be to someone else but I can be pretty dense sometimes)

-Tarwn --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Thanks, but changing the # to . didn't work (tested locally).

Sorry I wasn't more clear... what I'm trying to do is highlight the copy in the right frame with my mouse.

On MSIE it highlights the entire paragraph of text, while on a Mac it just refuses to highlight anything.

So trying to highlight a single word, like 'the' leads to me highlighting most of the page.

Any ideas?

Bug.

I have seen this often. I have determined that my opinion is a bug in the MAC version of IE.

I have definitely had the same issue. I needed some text to recreate a page and couldn't grab it! I just grabbed it froim the source after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back