Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't hear outside caller on KX-NCP500 Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanet Telecoms

Technical User
Jun 1, 2012
UG
Hello Panasonic PBX gurus.
I have a client with KX-NCP500 with one analog trunk line.

IP Phones registered and work fine.

I can call out from an IP Extension but the party i have called can't hear me though i can hear them.

And when an outside call comes in the same happens.

What could be causing this?

Regards.

what happens when you call another ip ext via intercom?

Sounds like the IP address on the dsp card is not on the same subnet or is conflicting with another device on the network

As suggested, perform these checks:

Step 1 - Try calling extension to extension. These calls take place sending signaling (dialing, calling and so on ) via the NCP signaling address, which is the one you point to for programming, then exchanging voice packets directly between phones, so DSP Voice IP address is not used in this kind of calls

Step 2 - If test in step 1 was ok, check the IP address you assigned as the DSP IP Address in the system (open 1.1 then "hover" motherboard and choose card settings), it should be different from the one you have as the main IP address, but in the same subnet, and it shouldn't be in a DHCP address pool (if you have one), and not manually assigned to any other device in the network. To check this, turn off NCP, wait a few minutes, then styart pinging that address, after restarting both the switch and the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back