Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Get XML with My Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinrod

Technical User
Nov 14, 2006
US
I have Office 2003 Professional Edition. I downloaded the xml toolbox from Microsoft, and now when I open Excel I get the message "The excel XML Toolbox can only run in a version of Microsoft Excel that has XML Support." I thought if you had XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro, it supported XML. But in Excel, under the 'data' menu, I don't have the xml option. Is there something else I need to download or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I went to help menu and had no diabled items, but found out that this version of excel is the Office Basic Edition. Which brings up another problem. If I go to program files and right-click excel, the properties shows it as the professional edition. So I have more scoping out to do. But you got me going in the right direction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back