Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get subreport data to main report for calculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalhelp1

Technical User
Aug 21, 2010
US
I have followed previous posts regarding this topic, but I can't seem to get the formula to work.

I have a subreport w/ this formula:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar Ord:= sum({OEPODTL.ODIQTY})

I have added the above subreport to the main report in GF1a.

I then created this formula and added to GF1b:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar Ord;
Ord

I also have created reset formulas in Page Header and GF1c:
WhilePrintingRecords;
Shared NumberVar Ord := 0;

Shouldn't this return the variable from the subreport so I can use it in my formula? Currently the formula is only returning 0's.

Well, where is the formula placed where you are referencing the shared variable? It has to be in GF1b or the reset will make the value 0.

-LB

Actually, I just need the shared variable present so I can suppress if the shared variable is less than quantity on hand.

But what section are you trying to suppress?

Where is it (what section) that you are seeing the zero for the shared variable value?

-LB

Which question is that the answer to?

-LB

I am attempting to suppress GF1b via the section expert. My thought is that I can place the shared variable on GF1b and then compare the shared variable with the Qty on Hand field. If shared variable is > Qty on Hand then suppress the entire GF1b line.

And where are you seeing the zero?

-LB

I'm seeing the zero on the GF1b.

...please don't give up on me!

The reset formula should ONLY be in the GF1c--remove it from the page header. Then you should be able to suppress GF1b.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back