Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't get rid of virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamui079

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
my computer is running alot slower and the task manager is showing the cpu is being used alot more then usual, in the processes it shows a couple diff spyware or virus or wotever programs running when i close them one still remains which seems to randomly change names, right now its currnelty named, fgjcyj.exe i searched the file and it comes up with FGJCYJ.EXE-2B3011E7.pf along with the exe file in the system32 folder, i can delete the pf file but not the exe, all the virus/spyware programs i've tried doesn't detect it.

Hola, question, have you cleared all the Restorpoints (I've seen that you already have turned it off and booted into Safety Mode), then have you cleaned out all TEMP files (within the %Profile% folders aswell as within 'C:\Windows\Temp') and have you already cleared your Temporary Internet files aswell?...

just some thoughts...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back