Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of "Enter Network Password"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich13

Vendor
Dec 21, 2004
US
The "Enter Network Password" dialog box keeps popping up in connection with one of two Outlook 2003, pop-3 email accounts that I maintain on my laptop running XP. I have no clue what the password is. The account was set up for me by a client who wants me to use his domain name -- the client doesn't know the password either. I don't get the error message re my other email account. I called GoDaddy.com for help and they said it's not their issue. I searched the net for answers, but I haven't found anything that works (yet). Any ideas on correcting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Sounds to me like your client (who owns the domain / email address you're using) needs to do a password reset on the account. This is something that their administrator can /should be able to do. Exactly how they would do it depends on what they use as a mail server (Exchange? Lotus? Something else?). If it's a 3rd party who maintain their email system (like if it's a comcast address or something)they would have to contact that vendors tech support dept to have it changed (or they may be able to change it themselves online).

Hope this helps, and makes sense!

CCNA, CCDP, Net+, A+
Work Smarter, Not Harder....
This was supposed to be the future.....Where is my JetPack?!

i've had this come up lately too for some reason, i have been using same settings for over 1 year now & suddenly its asking for password. even though i know my password & enter it correctly, it still asks for it.

the only solution i've found is to shut down outlook & reopen. then all seems ok for a while.

could this be another IE7 furphy????
[ponder]

noideay, have you maybe tried removing the offending account from outlook then re-adding it (after backing up all your data, naturally!) Since you know your password, this might be a viable option for you.

CCNA, CCDP, Net+, A+

Also, you both might want to try running a repair on your office installation, just incase!

CCNA, CCDP, Net+, A+

Thanks for all of the comments and ideas. I was able to come up with the password, so the problem is solved... for now. I'll keep this email string handy. Thanks again.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back