Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of Netscape message

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvinhl

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
I replaced Netscape Messenger with Eudora for my mail server; didn't like Eudora so I un-installed it and went back to Netscape Messenger. Now, every time I open Netscape for anything, I get a window that says: You have configured Netscape Communicator to use an external mail program, but since the POSTAL.DLL can't be found, Netscape messenger will be used instead. Then I need to hit OK to proceed.
I un-installed and re-installed Netscape 4.8 twice. The message still comes up every time. I'm using XP Pro, Athlon 2K, 512 meg RAM. How can I get rid of this nuisance message?

Hi All, For the past 3 weeks, I wanted to use Spamihilator to control the 20-30 spams/day I'm getting. I have been using Mail Washer, but bouncing mail back to a robot only puts spam back on the Net and doesn't stop the spam or even slow it down. Netscape 4.8 doesn't support Spamihilator and Net 7 was buggy and wasn't to my liking so I installed Eudora. Didn't like that too well so I went back to Net 4.8. Along with it came THE message. Next, I went to Pegasus mail, still wanting Spamihilator. I didn't like Pegasus too well either. Next I found Bloomba Mail Beta and its Bayesian filter...I installed both and instantly found that Bloomba has no address book. I uninstalled Bloomba and kept its filter which was supposed to work with Netscape...it didn't! Out came the filter and then I was back to Netscape and the eternal message. That's when I posted the problem on Tek Tips. After 2 days of installing, un-installing, clearing registry entries, trying all the posts and repeating several of them twice to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time, I surrendered. Defeated, I bit the bullet and moved to IE6 and OE6. Spamihilator supports it. I'm not too happy about the move. I still prefer Netscape Messenger.
I now have a bit of learning to do while I move all my folders and bookmarks over. I'm tired but grateful to all of you who strained your brains trying to help me. Thanks sincerely, Marvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back