Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get permissions to change Schema Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrscott

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2003
US
Hi All,

I'm trying to transfer the Schema Master role. I'm a member of Schema, Domain and Enterprise Admins. The change button is still greyed out and I only have rights to view the schema permissions.

Anybody know what I might be missing?

Thanks in advance

Scott

User account exist in an OU with GPO on it? Have you created a new "dummy" admin that would allow you to verify permissions without affecting ...."you"

I would create a new user, grant enterprise and schema, then move on....

Even if the permissions are complex on your user that si already enterprise, schema, and domain. Troubleshooting permissions in AD is difficult without actually being there, because there are so many different ways ot add and subtract permissions with GPO this, Global distribution list that, Global Security group.

Thanks very much for your input and help. I let things settle down over the week end and this morning I was able to change move everything without a hitch. I guess sometime you just have to be patient.

Thank you again

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back