Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get PC Anywhere 9.0 to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnym

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have six computer systems spread out over six different locations. Currently I have two computer systems side by side (on separate phone lines) I've been experimenting with, trying to get PC Anywhere to work, with no success. I've read the help file, but can't get the software to work.

Any help would be great, or any Web sites that offer a step by step guide would be very helpful as well.

The operating system on all computers are XP home edition. They all are using a dial up modem, with no firewalls.

In addition, I'm aware that every time I connect to the internet using a dialup, my IP address changes. That goes for all the computers. How do I log into another computer without knowing the IP address?

Thanks

When the remote makes the call (I am assuming that PC initializing the call is set up as the Modem Remote), and provided the other is set up as the Modem Host, what happens when the call comes in to the Host modem, does the system try to answer? Do you hear the connection noise at all?

I presume you have the very latest pcanywhere.
Old versions won't work.

If you are direct dialing to the P.C., you don't need to know your I.P. address. Just make certain the host side has the same user and password as the remote side.

If dialing through an I.S.P., you can use EZDNS from Franzensoft or try tracert from the command prompt to determine your internet I.P address.

Hi all

#1 On the host pc make shure that Be A Host is wating
#2 I once installed a new Modem when pcanywhere started it came a error that the Setting is incorrect just go to the
Propties ans click on ok.

Good Luck
Cgj

What if any error messages do you get or at what point does pcAnywhere stop the instalation process? Also have you tried pcAnywhere version 10.0 on the XP system. That is the version I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back