Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get night service button to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

threetone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
US
I have a Merlin Legend 7 with a Merlin Messaging 2.5. I set up schedule control in the merlin messaging to be controlled by the daily business schedule and the switch. The daily business schedule works and turns on and off night service (by this I mean the auto attendant night menu) correctly according to the schedule I set up. However, when I press a programmed night service button on an operator console, nothing happens - the auto attendant night menu cannot be activated manually by pressing the night service button.

Any ideas?

threetone,

If you are using the schedule in the Merlin Messaging, then the night service will be controlled by schedule and not the button. Bsabb

The night service is set to be controlled by the daily business schedule AND the legend system. This is so the night service can be easily turned on or off manually at a operator phone if necessary.

I have also tried setting the night service controller to ONLY switch mode and not the daily business schedule and that does not work either.

If you have set it to the switch mode only and it does not work, then you have not properly programmed the night service on the legend. Make sure the Night service has the voice mail calling group and the appropriate lines assigned.

Thank you Ghostin,

I don't know how to go about doing that particular programming. Would you mind stepping me through it??

Get into programming and select Night Service. Under Group Assign, you tell it which lines will be assigned to the night service group and which calling group will be assigned. You night service attendant is typically your main console or receptionist phone.

I am having the same problem right now, I am sure given enough time I will figure it out. My issue is that I have a DNIS coming in that points to a hunt group and overflows to vm. So, when I place an extension or hunt group extension number into night service with the console it will not follow the nite button. I believe it because the nite service requires copper lines assigned to nite to make the change over or it is because once the DNIS terminates it loses the ability to control the nite service, I think it is because the system has already handled the DNIS and any switching of nite service should have been completed before the DNIS terminates. OR I could be on drugs and Cindarella just poured me another beer.

What do you have DNIS digits for? Where are they going too? If the DNIS correspond with the main night service console, they will follow the night service. Otherwise they will follow the routing.

Question: do I need to change any type of service on my T1 inorder to set my channels as ground start or loop start emulation? Currently I am set for E&M Wink but I need control of the lines to use the nite button. I haven't programmed T1 channels as loop or ground in years!, I usually use E&M for compatability reasons. Because the DNIS never terminates on the console I cannot use the nite button to change service. and that is the key!, if your lines are not terminating on the console or as lines in the nite service group you can't use the button.

What are you using the DNIS for? Do you actually mean DID digits coming across the span? If you are using DID digits, you could set your channels to TIE line/Toll. That is what I usually do for two-way DID. Otherwise, you will need to configure for ground or loop start emulation, recommend ground, and it should work fine.

The DNIS is existing from the previous system. I have the DNIS going to DGC numbered as the DNIS. Then I overflow it to the Messaging DGC. I have tried phantoms but they leave a lot too be desired. If I renumber the console to the DNIS then I lose the AA feature, they need to have AA up front and then control of the lines at the console after AA. The only way is to make these channels come in as Ground start emulation and tack them to the appropriate places for nite switching. With a standard T1 can I just change the emulation of the channels without notifying the Carrier? I don't think so but it's been a long time since I screwwed with emulation on a T, I just set it for EM Wink which is compat with most of the systems out there.

I've had the same problem w/ MM as well. Its been driving me crazy.

Kris

If you want to change them to loop or ground, you have to notify the carrier. Are the channels functioning as two-way DID? Tow ways can be set up as E&M or TIE trunks. If you set them up as TIE trunks, re-number your console to the inbound DNIS, and assign the trunks to night service, you will be able to control the lines with the night service button.

If I assign the DNIS to the console I then have a problem with sending this DNIS to AA. I would have to Dealy AA it and that becomes a problem. The console covers for everybody and if calls come back to the console form cover I cannot have them bounce back to the AA. My only option I can think of right now is to set up a phone in the closet and set DND on it to got AA. then have the console operator hit the nite button on it before she leaves for the night, this just would not be acceptable.

I'm still thinking......

What are the DNIS digits being sent? Calls ringing back to the attnendant won't go anywhere as long as it is not in group cover. The only time calls will go to the attendat is when the night button is pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back