Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant get my KX-TD1232 and KX- TVS100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebit

MIS
Feb 21, 2008
AU
KX-TD1232 and KX-TVS100 to communicate. When I connect the 2 units the online display on the tvs100 flashes and doesn't establish a connection. My rotary switch is set to 3. All seems to be connected correctly.
I'm getting some strange noises coming from the hard disk. Sounds like the disk in in some sort of loop. How can I tell if Ive got a hard disk error?
Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Joe

did you tell the kx-td what ports the voicemail were
connected to?

the system was connect by my phone tech. He said that he assigned the tvs to ext 15.

if you fire up the tvs with a 9 to 25 w/ null modem adapter
and hyperterminal 9600 n 8 1 no flow control you can see the self test it will tell you if you have dpits then get in and ck elog in utility menu > think maybe your hard drive may have gone south try doing a quick setup for the kx-td it may come back to life....

Hi everybody finally got the two units talking KX-TD1232 and TVP100 talking to each other. Had to make up my own cable.
I read on this forum that you couldn't copy the hard drive on these vps units. As it turns out I've been able to sucessfully copy a working drive from another TVP100 without to much trouble. So needless to say Ive made a further backup. If anybody needs help with this feel free to contact me.

No I used an old (MSdos) program called Norton Diskedit. Windows or MSdos is not setup yo read the panasonic firmware. So when the disk is connected to the PC the drive is not recognised by the operating system. Norton Diskedit has the capability of reading a disk by physical sectors rather than file system. If you need the program I can send it to you(Its only a couple of MB big).

are you the guy that posted that procedure somewhere else!

i am one of the mod over there thats why i asked!!

The 75, 100, 200, 300, 120, 220, and 320 all support diskcopy natively.

You need second drive (that matches the geometry of the source drive if cloning) that you don't mind writing over, and a standard IDE (or laptop cable as with the 75 and 100) ribbon cable that allows two drives to be on the same bus. You'll also need a power splitter if you're cloning a full sized IDE drive.

BE SURE TO JUMPER THE TARGET DRIVE AS SLAVE AND THE SOURCE DRIVE AS MASTER, ELSE YOU'RE ON A ONE WAY TRIP TO OOPSVILLE! AGAIN, IF YOU OVERWRITE YOUR MASTER DRIVE YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA AND NEED ANOTHER VALID SYSTEM DRIVE FROM WHICH TO COPY DATA. BE CAREFUL.

1. Power off the system
2. Connect two drives to the system on a single IDE bus cable, split power cable as necessary. Double check the drive jumpers as mentioned above.
3. Power up and let system boot.
4. Login to the system and enter the UTILITIES section.
5. Type in KME (password is panasonic)
6. HELP will show you all available commands.
7. DCOPY will clone your boot drive

SYSD will set up a factory fresh second drive but not copy over user data.

Once the cloning is complete, log out (keep hitting backslash) and then power off the system. Restore the original drive and connections as they were originally (or re-jumper the newly copied drive and use it as the original.)

Power up and system will re-boot as normal.

NOTE: On the 100, units with older (2.xx and lower) versions did not support DCOPY, it's in the menu but does not work. Version 3.xx and higher work fine. If you have an EPROM burner, updating the on board ROM to the highest rev you have on hand is usually a good idea.

Hi JoeBit,
Can you please send me the Norton Dos Diskedit you used to copy the TVS100 hard drive. I have a TVS200 panasonic system and I have been unable to copy the drive. Everything I have used does not see the drive.
Thanks,
Bill

Hi Joebit,
I've found myself with a TVS 100 drive that has failed,(heads seeking and clattering around like a rock crusher)
can I get the image from you?

thanks
Roland

hi i'm from argentina
i change de hd from tvs100 purchased in miami a long data.
and that work with d1232.
mi problems are; the tvs work i can program with rs232 conection, but the sound is ugly and dont recognizes tone.
panasonic argentina said that it was incompatible software
someone can help me
very grateful
greetings from the south

I think you may want a new voicemail from a Qualified
Dealer!!

i probe with another tvs200 and i have same result.
the people of panasonic argentina say mi, this. your problem thit your hd is what your central is for usa. you may set your tvs hd from USA. this set is mi plroblem.
nobody knows how to do
if anyone knows please tell me.
thanks

cwc3 thanks for the suggestion.
if you can not help not do it.
I do not think throwing my tvs100 and my d1232.
that is a problem of soft, so if I am not aid does not respond.
greetings.
post is to succeed in a problem not to bring bad wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back