Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't get into cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrix

Technical User
Jun 11, 2000
US
Hi, My system starts to boot then stops at the entering setup screen. I try to enter setup and nothing happens. I tried to clear the cmos, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Ed

Sometimes just clearing the CMOS wont work. You may have to remove the battery too. If you set any of your Bios settings wrong and you think this is why you can't enter the Bios try... While turning on your Computer hold down the "Insert" Key. See if this lets you get into the bios. We are always looking for new members at: forums.jlrforum.net Please come join our community too.

Hey there, if U can't get into setup but you're NOT afraid to "poke" around under the hood, then do this:

Open your cmp case, trace the HD RIBBON cable to the MB controller and unplug it. Then re-boot cmp.

Upon re-boot, the system will try to boot via the HDD but t no avail; It'll then wait a little while b 4 it realizes that it has NO HDD & as a result display a CMOS SETUP error msg telling & giving U the option to press "DEL" / "F1/F2"
so that U can enter CMOS SETUP that way.

regards,

= TheDisciple =
"So I took the roll and ate it; In my mouth it was sweet as honey but in my belly it was bitter as wormwood"

Thanks all, I'll give it a try and see what happens. Ed

Thanx for all the help. I tested the power supply and it was not giving a steady reading. I tried another one and it worked. thanx etrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back