Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant get ie5 to see pws when offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroce

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
US
I've successfully loaded PWS 4 on my windows 95 laptop -
meaning it installed with no errors at all.

If I'm not connected to the internet, however, it doesn't work. It just keeps saying "no connection to the internet is currently available....." and gives a choice to try again or work offline. Either way the page will not display. I tried typing in - the same thing happens.

Ineed to take it around to clients and want to show them asp pages and design against a server on client's site

The whole purpose of PWS is that you're supposed to be able to access your site without a connection to the internet, but every time i type it just says that "no connection to the internet is currently available" etc. etc. like written above. Anyway I can't get IE5 to recognize my PWS - anyone have any experience resolving this issue?

note - it seems to work perfectly fine when i'm connected up to my network, which has an internet connection. How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

have you saved the page to your drive? are you synchronizing the page everytime you connect to your domain? when you do save it make it available offline.

Few things to note. First, (in IE5) go to Tools > internet options > connection tabs and set the dial up method to "never dial a connection".

Second, click the LAN settings button (in Connection tab as well) and uncheck all the boxes (do make sure proxy server text box is empty!!!)

Third, make sure your PWS is running.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back