Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get 32bit color

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTGuy

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
US
Okay, i've got a HP pavilion 7855, It has a Intel 810 chipset with onboard VGA. I have a new game that requires my color to be at True Color 32 bit, but on my display options, all i have is True Color 24 bit, I thought it was my video card, so i bought a 32mb ATI Radeon 7000. I have looked all over the internet and followed about 3 guides to do this, but nothing ever works. I know i need to disable my on-board video card, but i have no clue how. What I did was delete the driver from the device manager, then shut down my computer, then i put the new card into the pci slot, and i plugged the monitor into the new card. When I started up the computer, it goes to the HP screen, but it wont do anything else, it doesn't finish booting, and it doesn't let me get into BIOS. Any help would be appriciated.

Does it start if you remove the new card again? If it does you could just remove it, go into bios, disable on-board video, power off, insert new card and that should work.
Have you tried plugging your monitor into the on-board video, while the Radeon is in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back