Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't forward email from a second account in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieryhail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2010
Hello,

I've got a situation where there's a user/mailbox "Employment" on an Exchange 2003 server. The mailbox is added as a secondary mailbox in an Outlook 2003 profile, it receives the mail just fine. When the individual wishes to forward a message from that mailbox to another user, he's denied. Generic error message "The following recipients could not be reachd, you do not have permission to send to this account". I know there's no issues with his primary mailbox, so the issue has to be with permissions on the secondary mailbox, but what needs to be changed, and where would I change it? I'm assuming Exchange Systems Manager, but any guidance on this would be very helpful, as my experience with Exchange 2003 is limited.

Also, as a side note, regarding the same mailbox "Employment", I'm also asked to set that up for another high-end user, this one running Outlook 2007. When I go to add the mailbox, it adds just fine, however, when I click on it, I get the generic message about not being able to "find" the object. I've researched it and found there's a known issue with Outlook 2007 and "many" mailboxes, there's a hotfix to fix it, which I've already tried, as well as updated Outlook 2007 to the latest version, but still not luck. Same error. I know the mailbox is right, because if I try misspelling it when adding it to Outlook, I get an error immediately. So it adds fine, just can't get to it once added, thanks again for any assistance!

By the way, the client operating system is Windows XP Pro.

You need the send as permission on the secondary mailbox.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Thank you for your response. Can I ask you to elaborate some? I'm assuming this is relevant to the inability to forward email. I'm guessing I'd do this in the System Manager?

No it is done through AD, right click on the user and select the Exchange General tab I think, can't check for you as I'm now running Exchange 2010.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back