Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find terminal licensing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipmate

MIS
Dec 3, 2001
US
My Win2k terminal server can't seem to find the terminal licensing server. When I'm on my TS server, and open "Terminal server licensing", I get the error: Windows cannot connect to a licensing server

From other machines I can connect and see the licensing server; why can't this one? The licensing server is not activated yet, and it is also a RRAS server with multiple IP addresses (I've tried to connect using all of them). Licensing server is a Win2k DC, no log errors (on either server), services started, etc.

The TS server and licensing server can ping each other, tracert, etc. Everything seems just fine.....any suggestions?? help!

This is a common problem especially in larger environments. Luckily, you can hard code the license server address on your TS server. This is a simple registry edit.

Here is the information:

[LN]%3BQ239107

More info:
-hope this helps...

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Thank you for the links;

I figured out the problem; I'm was logging in as a local admin.

As soon as I logged in as the domain admin, it was able to connect to the licensing server. It makes sense, the licensing server is on a DC, but I was only logging in locally.

Thanks for the help;

P.S. If your looking for an experienced admin, drop me a line at greyhawke99@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back