Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find query designer in Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear

Instructor
Jun 1, 2001
CA
Does Crystal 9 still have Crystal Query Designer. I've looked at an existing install of Crystal 9 Designer (advanced) and there was no query designer. I ran the add/remove programs app from windows control panel and did not see any option to add the crystal query designer. What gives?

The Query designer and Dictionaries although documented in Version 9 don't come as part of the Version 9 installation. You will need to get them from the Crystal Decisions website now named Crystal Reports 9 Data Compatibility tools

HTH Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

I wonder why they don't package it anymore? Or make it a bit more obvious. I couldn't find this information on they support site. I guess I was just using the wrong keywords.

I guess they may be building it into the core program sometime soon?

Thank you very much for your help.

The SQL tools are now part of the SQL command inside CR9. So I suspect that is why they think you won't need the SQl designer any more.

Stranger to see that Crystal Dictionary is treated the same. There are still a lot of good reasons to use a Dictionary as the data source for your report.

A word of caution to those using Images in Dictionary Files and upgrading to CR9. They don't appear in CR9 in the field explorer. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back