Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant find pdssql.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

calahans

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IE
I have an application which uses has reports which is wrote using crystal version 7. It runs fine from my machine. When I distribute this app to other users using VB package and deployment wizard, and they run it, it runs fine. However, when they select the report - I get an error &quot; can't find pdssql.dll&quot;.<br>
<br>
I can't find this dll on any machiine (including the machine I wrote the report on!). When I go into the report in design mode, I have select the change database driver - all the drivers are pd... - I looked on the seagate site and downloaded all the relevant drivers, including the pdssql.dll (which is appearantly a 16bit driver). I used regsvr32 to register and it still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!<br>
<br>
Does anybody know whats wrong???? I have used crystal (earlier versions) before and have not had this trouble.<br>
<br>
I would really appreciate any help.<br>
<br>
C

I had this problem using Crystal 6 with SQL 7 as the data source. I got the same error. Seagate has a page in their database describing the error and giving a solution but it did not work for me. What did work was doing a compile instead of a distribution. Since you already have distributed and installed your DLL's, just run a compile and replace the .EXE (I did both, the EXE and RPT but it doesn't really make sense to have to do the RPT). Hope it works for you.<br>
Lief

We just had the same problem and we are using CR7 and SQL6.5. We had to install Microsoft SQL Client on the users PC and the problem stopped. Someone else in my office uses CR7 with Oracle. She had to install the Oracle equivelent on her user's PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back