Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant find hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a new computer that is 900 mhz with windows me. I put my other hard drive in it. So now i have 2. But windows does not see the one i just put in it, its a 13 gig, from my pentium 75. I tried everything, the bios sees it, but windows doesnt. Any help is good help, cause im clueless!!

Scott, it seems as if you were using some partioning software to get your 13 gig to work on a pentium 75. Usually, the biggest drive you can get to work is about a 8 gig, without software. The software lets you utilize the entire content of the drive. You may have to uninstall the software. I have done this many times, and most of the time, you wont even loose the data. Maxblast is a awesome program to use, so if you used that, your pretty safe.

Thanks!! Your right, i did use maxblast a few months ago to get the drive to work at full capacity. I'll use it again to uninstal the software, i'll let you know what happens. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back