Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find exchange Server from Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foduck

MIS
Sep 17, 1999
US
Visit site
From home dialed in or from the LAN, the message is the same: unable to open exchange server.&nbsp;&nbsp;Retry - again the message, third try always brings Outlook up.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hosts & Lmhosts are correct.&nbsp;&nbsp;Mail box is underlined.&nbsp;&nbsp;Network neighborhood shows a connection (able to browse)to the network.<br><br>This is a Win95 laptop on a docking station.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is also the CEO/Owners laptop (of course!).<br><br>I can't figure out what makes this different than the many other PC's I have configured with little problem.<br><br>Anyone have any clues, incantations, advice or sympathy for me?

If I am reading your question correctly, you are eventually connecting the the mailbox?&nbsp;&nbsp;If so, what may be happening is that your hardware profile is not set up correctly.&nbsp;&nbsp;That is, the computer is looking for a NIC that isn't there.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's just a guess...<br><br>:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back