Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't find .DCU files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsisko

Programmer
Oct 9, 2000
US
I have been using Delphi 4 for years now, and this is the first time this has happened to me.

When I compile my latest program, I get an error message that says it cannot find the .DCU file for UNIT1.PAS program. This has never happened to me before. By the way, I'm using the standard version of Delphi 4. Also, this is the the first time I'm using a third party component from Avrora found in the Delphi Super Pages. It is their card images component.

Recent changes I've made to my system was to install Delphi 7 personal, but that did not install completely as ther is a registration page that is not filled in.

Any help?

Hi Bsisko,

Have you set the path for the .dcu file in "Tools - Inviroment Options - Libary"?
Else you might wonna do that... (the "Libary" is a list of all directories for delphi to look for .dcu files.)
Ken Christensen
Kenman@Macrotech.dk

Yes, I've tried that, but it doesn't work.

Hi Bsisko,

Well.. I had the same problem today.
But its because i made an error when adding to uses list.

For Adding Forms for use with the form add them in

implementation
uses MDIChild_Form, Unit1;

And not in normal uses list... Ken Christensen
Kenman@Macrotech.dk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back