Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CANT FIND CD ROM DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I just repartitioned the Hard drive on a computer - reformatted it. Trying to load windows 95 or ME off of a CD, but the computer isn't finding the CD ROM DRIVE. WE've got an A drive that it finds (floppy) and the C drive. No other drive seems to be valid. How can we find the CD ROM drive?

If you formatted, you may need to reload drivers for your CD-Rom. Just a guess as this is not "my area", so to speak... Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

thanks. where do i find the driver and how do i install it without windows?

Do you have a winME start up disk? If you do use it and at the prompt hit number 1 which is load with cd-rom support.This should do the trick and now load winME from your cd-rom. I also copy the win directory from the cd-rom to the c drive and run setup from c:\winme directory.

You can install the drivers from a dos prompt. if you can't locate the original drivers for the cd-rom, you can d/l a generic one and install from a floppy.
Here is a site that lists common drivers, make sure you grab the right one.
Joelee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back