Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't figure out a certain layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronj

Programmer
Jun 25, 2004
US
I am new to dreamweaver, getting into it because a friend told me it was like dvd authoring (which I'm not finding to be the case as of yet.) I'm trying to create a page where there is a box in the center of the page, but when the size of the page is reduced or enlarged, the box automatically recenters itself. A couple of examples (because my explaining skills are bad) are as well as
All I am looking for is how to make that box. After that I'm pretty sure I can do the rest, but won't be able to figure that out until I get the box thing down first. Oh, I use mx 2004, by the way. Don't know if that matters or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CSS on the element so that it centers in the page
or

<table width=75% align=center">
<tr><td>blah</td></tr>
</table>

this should work

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="middle"><table width="200" height="200" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#0099FF">
        <tr>
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
  </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

zzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search