Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't export from premiere: settings ok so what is it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
GB
hallo.

Using premiere 6.02, win xp, canon elura and panasonic ez30, I can capture fine but when I go to play back to cam, nothing (premiere kind of twitches, does even play on desktop if desktop is selected with dv, but plays back on desktop when desktop only is chosen).
Yes, device settings are ok, yes , have reinstalled premiere and xp; yes, have SP1, yes have even bought new cable and firewire card. Must be something (same problem with both camcorders: premiere reads them as being "online").

Any ideas, please?

ok, so noone knows. I have replaced cards, cables and even changed dv-cam. Combo works on a friend's pc so why not mine!? No reply from asus , adobe or microsoft, or this message board.

thanks. not.

Are you usin DV playback in your General settings or using the "playback" setting for your camera?

Have you checked the FAQ on export to tape?

I'm able to record the edited video onto the Mini DV tape (using Sony DCR VX1000) via a firewire, but the camera records it too fast. The original edit is 1 min, whereas my camera only recorded 45 secs. The result is a low-pixel blocked picture. Is there a problem in the settings, or elsewhere? Pls. advise. btw, Sablog, do you have any idea where I can find the FAQ, as Adobe help doesn't elaborate on the issue? cheers!

This is pretty basic but I always ensure that my export settings are the same as my project settings when I "export movie" so I'm basically exporting the timeline out to the DVcam via firewire. I think the camera should be in Playback mode for device control by Premier.

hi there sadly, tried that (it is a good point though) !

Waumi, the FAQ's are in one of the tabs at the top of this page.

try using another program to scrub to the camera , scenalyser has a trial pgm that will do & has helped me in the past to figure out things , it will give you a message as to whats wrong if it has trouble, sometimes a driver will try to scrub using ntsc to a pal system or vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back