Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't expand session to restore BrightStor v11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsy

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU
I am trying to restore an individual mailbox on an Exchange backup on BrightStor v11.0, but I can't expand the session. The session shows a grey box instead of the usual green box. I can expand it one level, where it shows a 'subfolder' of "Information Store", but I can't expand it any further. If I look at the session details, it says it has backed up 18Gb, so it seems to have the actual info on the tape.

I've tried merging the tape back in, and even deleting the media details from the database and merging again, but all without any joy.

The other sessions on the tape seem to be OK.

Any ideas?

It sounds as if you have only been backing up the information store and not brick-level (no problem with that in itself). What it does mean is that you'll have to restore the IS depending on version either to a test server and export the mailbox, or a RSG if your version of exchange supports it.

I've checked the job, and it's a brick level backup, and its definitely configured as a brick level backup. I've also been able to restore individual mailboxes before.

I'm beginning to wonder if my database is corrupt. How do I wipe to a clean database on v11?

Ok if you're trying to restore a brick level backup - why are you looking under the information store when trying to restore.

To make sure you are looking at the right session brick level\Database level you can hightlight the session and on the right hand side the properties of the session would give you more information.

You could also refer to the below doc and rerun the merge

The OP has already said they cannot expand the session.....

Thanks guys, I'm an idiot. Vschumpy, you were spot on, I was trying to expand the wrong session. It looks like the backup server crashed before the end of the backup job, so didn't complete all the sessions. I was looking at the Info Store session, thinking it was the brick level. D'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back