Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't execute functions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 1999
US
I've made forms that can execute simple SQL SELECT queries to MySQL:<br>First form:<br><FONT FACE=monospace><br>&lt;input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;sqlquery&quot;&gt;<br></font><br>In the second form:<br>&lt;?php<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$scx = mysql_pconnect( $server, $user, $pass );<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$srt = mysql( $db, $sqlquery, $scx );<br>?&gt;<br></font><br>Then I go to retrieve the number of fields, of rows, and show a table with the result set contents.<br><br><b>Problem is:</b><br>If I do simple queries like &quot;SELECT col1,col2.. FROM table WHERE any_condition&quot;, it runs perfect; but if i use &quot;SELECT <font color=red>SUM</font>(coln) FROM ...&quot; never runs. It gives one row with the text of the query. I can't use SUM, or AVG, or any calculated column!.<br><br>SMTIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back