Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't establish link between CP Web and CP servers since CLAN changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
We changed the CLAN addresses for the CallPilot server and the Stand-alone Web server and now we can't get the OM data to flow to begin between the two servers.

We tried to "Logout an Erase" but that did not work.

Could it be that though the CLAN was changed and the Computer name stayed the same, that somewhere in the Web server the Callpilot server name is still mapped to the old IP address?

We have a 4.0 1002rp SU03 and a stand-alone web server.

We have rebooted both servers.

Any thoughts?

Where did you change the CLAN ip address in the Callpilot?
Should be done in the config wizard.

We had this problem and what we found was that on both servers under computer name changes we had to make sure that you click the "More" button and then enter the primary DNS suffix of the computer. So for example if your computer was named callpilotweb and your DNS suffix was microsoft.com after you made this change your computer name would now show up as callpilotweb.microsoft.com
After making this change then Reporter started connecting again. Hope this helps

Yes, we did change the CLAN address using Config Wizard.

We did not change the computer name.

I ended up having to have Nortel delete the System ID's in both the CallPilot Server and the Standalone Web Server.
(Which wipes out all the archived data and customized reports)

Then when I logged in to Reporter and ran a report for the first time, the OM link was re-created and the OM data started to flow from the CP to the CP web server.

Nortel tested CLAN changes in their lab and they had the same results I had. He said it can not be avoided.

Thanks for the input!

Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me.
I have RCC up and working. Everything is fine.
BUT...........When the server loses power, which is often,
I have to re-boot the call Pilot to get the RCC and IPview to start working again.
Has anyone had run into this problem and can something be done to fix it?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back