Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't establish connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

minxca

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
CA
Hi,

Lately few of my users have problem connecting to Citrix (app), when they try to open an application, they see CPN icon on lower right hand side (near the clock) for few seconds and then gone, they have to try 3-4 times to get in.
Nothing in event viewer, usually it happens early in the morning and only on the second Citrix server. I don't think it's network problem because at that time only 10 people working.

Thanks,

Is the app available on that server and is it accepting connections. Do they get the app from server2 eventually ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Thanks,

Yes, application is available and they can run the app after they try few times but other users have no problem.

thanks,
Winoto

Have you got any errors in relation to profiles ?

Cheers
Scott

No, there is no error on event viewer (client and server)

It sounds to me like a terminal services problem. If the clients that are connecting do not have Windows 2000 professional or Xp Pro then you need to obtain a terminal services license for them to connect.

The symptom at the client for having no terminal services cal is exactly as you describe.

kozmokramer but they are getting in eventually. If it was a lack of license they would never get in.

winoto I have seen this somewhere before, I am trying to remember where. When they eventually get the app is it on the second server or is it on the first ?

Cheers
Scott

Hi,

It's second server. This morning two users had to try 10 times.
When I came, I tried and I had to wait around 30 seconds before the application came up (from second server) and while I was waiting I open few more applications and those applications (from first server) came up very fast. I notice that when I open that application, CPN icon wasn't moving, usually when it starts to establish connection, the color is changed until I see my login script

I think the problem is with the second server because the other users who connected to first server never complaint.

Thanks,

Yo could try stopping and starting the IMA Service.

Cheers
Scott

Hi Ascotta,

Thanks for your reply, finally we found that the problem was on Unix side.

Thanks,

Any chance of an explanation ?

Cheers
Scott

The unix guy updated the script for that application and honestly I don't know anything about that

Probably the Unix guy didn't either [wink].

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back