Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't escape cisco system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob N.

Systems Engineer
Nov 19, 2018
US
We are in the process of migrating from an outdated Cisco Call Manager system to a hosted phone solution.

We deployed phones to five of our fifteen locations last week at the same time as the DID port and most everything went well.

However, since we're doing this in phases, we have several branches left on the old system. I assumed that dialing the 10-digit number of phones in the migrated branches would get them out of Cisco and into the new system, but 10-digit dialing is not escaping Cisco. I've been through dial-peer configs and route patterns. I've even removed my old phones and directory numbers, but if I dial my number from the Cisco side, it just doesn't get out.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking? Thanks in advance.

So you're saying you cannot dial external numbers that were ported over to the hosted solution?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Correct. The call returns right back to our Cisco system. At this point, I've exhausted everything I know to check, and I'm wondering if this is a Windstream issue. Perhaps they didn't update something post-port?

I essentially killed the inbound dial-peer for one of our exchanges, and when I did that, the number I was testing stopped returning to the old system and instead stopped working altogether. Seems to support the Windstream theory (as does years of experience in dealing with Windstream [dazed]).

What does the Dialled Number Analyzer come back with when you enter the number?
Are there any CUBEs or SBC's which could be sending the calls back?
It is very easy with mismatched configs between CUBEs, Call Manager and another system to cause calls to loop.

If there is a CUBE are there multiple dial-peers it could match?

Bob, sounds carrier related to me as well.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

The call should never come back to your old system. I too am working on moving numbers from an old system to a new hosted system. 100% every time if a number doesn't work correctly, it's because both carriers have messed up somewhere in the porting process.

Bob N. said:
We are in the process of migrating from an outdated Cisco Call Manager system to a hosted phone solution.

Hey Bob,

I was just wondering - may I ask why you replacing your Cisco system? What Cisco system (UCX or full CUCM) did yo have? Just trying to figure out why other companies are making the move to hosted/cloud. Did you folks like the Cisco system or not so much? Just wondering.

Thanks!

TheMitelGuy, we are migrating to a hosted system because we are under pressure to get equipment out of out data centers but we are going to a hosted Cisco system that keeps the same extensions and sets, not sure why Bob is migrating

Thanks,

Buddy

Linked in Profile

Prices are really good right now for hosted solutions vs on-prem.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

I'll throw my 2 cents in here like some others.... I had a business unit that was dead set to going to a hosted solution. They had stars in their eyes that they were going to save money and get some cool features. They didn't take into account that some of the simple features that they had with their premise-based PBX weren't available on the cloud and immediately hated it. Sure, it had some nice reporting features and stuff, but it couldn't do simple things like make a conference. After a month of back and forth with the provider, both parties decided it wasn't a good fit and they went back to their PBX.

Bottom line: Include your PBX guys while scoping out the requirements of your cloud solution.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back