Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't enter element manager on bcm400

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltek03

Technical User
Sep 11, 2009
US
One of our BCM400 went down just recently witch had a power supply failure. I replaced it and everything works but can't enter
intoelement managerto adjust time and date, it won't even go through manually and just tells me to wait but then times out.

Is voice mail working? Sounds like you may have a bad HD or corruption.

Why did you replace everything... What stopped working for you to replace everything?

I had an issue where a BCM400 Rel3.7 had intermittent voicemail issues, I went to the system and all lights were green, all F98x timed out or came back as inactive, made a back up and rebooted the system. The HDD failed and I lost the IP addressing cannot access system via ethernet cable, all IP phones and trunking failed and VM all stopped working.

Replaced HDD, intialized HDD, reloaded all licenses manually (gotta love 3.7), patched, and loaded back up.
System now working!

It sounds as though you might have bad BFT (base function tray), this is a classic symptom, everything working and not being able access through Element Mgr. Nortel (now Avaya) had a bulletin/recall on the defective BFT's. It gave instructions as to how verify if you have one. I would suggest searching Avaya's website for dfective Base Function Trays. Also if you have upgrd java recently it will cause these same symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back